Self Insert Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symphonia

2 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Symphonia - Page 3 Empty Re: Symphonia

Post  Glyphhunter Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:16 am

"I can't believe this," Genis sighed with a shake of his head. He slouched, holding his tea between his knees. "How old are you, anyway? You're my height but you don't look my age and I've never seen a human as short as you," he raised his cup to his lips, peering at Sierra over the rim.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

http://glyphhunter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:22 am

Sierra resisted the urge to stick her tongue out childishly. "I'm eighteen," she grumbled. "Yes I know it's hard to believe. I'm short. You should -" she cut herself off abruptly, realizing that she was about to jeopardize her story. She had been about to say 'you should see my mom, she's shorter than me' but that would mean she'd have remembered her mom.

When Genis raised his eyebrows at her words, she corrected herself, "You should have seen me when I was little. I was tiny." She smiled at him, giving a laugh that sounded nervous even to her own ears. "How old are you?" she asked, though she already knew. Conversation was key in friendships, and as Genis was her favourite she definitely wanted him as a friend.
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:27 am

"I'm twelve," he replied, frowning at her sudden halt, "Raine's twenty-three." He watched his sister out of the corner of his eye in the next room. Her movements were slow, obviously listening in. "What about this 'Vicky' that you mentioned? Do you know what might have happened to her?"
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:35 am

"Vicky," Sierra murmured with a frown. Just where did she go? If she got thrown here too, then where did she end up? Sierra fell into her thoughts, feeling Genis' curious gaze on her as she took another drink from her tea. It wasn't as hot now, but still tasted amazing.

Sierra hadn't been too far from the ranch. Was it possible that Vicky had gotten too close to the ranch? Maybe Genis hadn't been around to save Vicky like he had Sierra. Then again, Vicky was smarter than Sierra and knew Symphonia a lot better. She'd have probably recognized the ranch and would have stayed away.

So where the hell was Vicky? Sierra shook her head, leaning forward to rest her elbows on her knees worriedly. "I don't know. She can't fight either, though, so if she's attacked she'll be in trouble. Though, I'd say she'd be better off than I would..." Sierra added the last part in a near mutter.

Plus, Vicky was more independent than Sierra. Even though Sierra was the older of the two, Sierra relied on others far too much for someone of her age. She'd get out of that eventually. Hey, maybe this journey through a video game would help! She almost wanted to laugh at her thoughts but held herself back.
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:41 am

Genis nodded as Raine came back with a sigh. "Have you considered the possibility that she might have been captured?" she asked. Both of their expressions softened at the absolutely stricken look Sierra acquired.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:49 am

No... no way. She couldn't have been taken by Desians. That would mean she'd be at the Human Ranch having God knows what done to her... No. Not possible, she shook her head. "No way..." she said aloud. "I mean... why would they... shit." It was possible. Maybe Vicky had been tossed too close to the Ranch and hadn't been able to escape from the Desians? Maybe a wandering Desian on patrol or something had found her and taken her to the Ranch. Sierra couldn't see Vicky being able to get out of that one on her own.

"I have to get her out of there," Sierra said, biting her lip as she set her half empty cup of tea on the table. "She doesn't belong there." If Vicky is stuck in the Ranch, being forced to make an exsphere, then both girls had a very slim chance of getting home. No way. Sierra had to find some way to free Vicky and get home. Preferably before next week. Vicky was going on vacation to Nova Scotia with her family after-all, and Sierra doubted she'd want to miss that.

But how would Sierra possibly be capable of saving her? Her face fell. She didn't know how to fight, she wasn't brave by a long shot, and she'd be on her own. Damn it!
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:56 am

The siblings watched the emotions flash across Sierra's face from denial, to determination, to utter defeat. Genis stood from his chair, picking up the girl's cup from the table. He understood that she wouldn't be drinking anything else that night. Raine waited for him to pass into the kitchen before she approached her, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"C'mon, get some rest. We'll talk more in the morning."
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:06 am

Sierra nodded, standing to help Raine lay some sheets on the couch. "Thank you, Raine," Sierra said wearily but genuinely as she sat back down. She gave the older woman a tired smile, truly grateful to her for everything she and Genis were doing for her. She'd definitely have to find some way to pay them back. This was just too kind.

"Thank you, Genis," she added as the younger boy came back into the room. She received twin nods from both as Raine bid her good night.

They're both so nice. It's really sad what they had/have to go through as half elves in such a prejudiced world. It's kind of like Earth, with the way different cultured people are treated. Even in Canada, which is supposed to be a culturally diverse country. Sierra sighed, laying down and closing her eyes for the night. I'll figure everything out in the morning. For now, sleep.
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:10 pm

Gray. Smokey. Shadows dancing just outside her vision. She tilted her head. Where was she?

Someone spoke. Another yelled. Something was barking. She tried to see beyond the smoke.

Wind. Heat. She could feel her hair lift. Something pressed against her back.

Red. Black. Breathing was getting hard. What was happening? She started to fall.

Victoria jerked awake, her heart thudding painfully in her chest. All she could see was darkness and she was terribly cold. She wrapped her arms around her waist, her eyes wide with fear as she looked around. Nothing stood out to tell her where she was. She didn't even know what she was pressed against.

She scrambled away, tripping over something that was in front of her. The shock tore a scream from her throat and she could feel her eyes burn with tears. She tried to stand, finding her left leg stiff and unwilling to bend. She didn't even try to stop the sobs.

"Mom?" she called out, digging her short nails into the dirt. "Dad?" she tried to remember where she was, curling up low to the ground. Tears flowed down her face, over her chin, and down her neck. Her nose was starting to run and she sniffed, the sound unpleasant to her ears. She mentally cursed herself for showing such weakness.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:31 pm

"Pyre seal!" the dark haired woman yelled, leaping back as the troublesome monster flew away from her. It hit a tree and slumped, finally dead. "Whew," Sheena Fujibayashi sighed, rubbing a hand along her sweaty forehead. She hated travelling through Gaoraccia Forest. Too dark, too many monsters, and far too time consuming.

She was on her way home to Mizuho, after a painful week away at Meltokio. The Imperial City was way too busy and crowded for her liking, and she couldn't wait to finally get home where she belonged. Tiga, the Vice-Chief of the village, had wanted her to deliver something to the Pope in Meltokio, so Sheena had made the long trip a week ago. She hadn't meant to stay so long either, but she'd had a couple of other stops to make.

She was almost home, only a half days' journey of walking left. She heaved another sigh, spotting a new wolf on the path ahead of her. Well, at least she had something to keep her busy.
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:04 pm

Victoria started, her breath catching in the throat. Something had moved and it sure wasn't her. Tears continued to flow and she was finding it hard to see through her misted glasses. She slowly looked around, finding a branch that looked vaguely familiar. She noticed that that was what she had tripped on. She reached for it, pulling herself to her knees.

"Hello?" her voice cracked and she swallowed thickly. The answering growl made her stiffen. Ahead of her, hidden by the trees, piercing blue eyes glared at her. Her grip tightened on the wood and she made to move backwards. The next thing she knew ,she was on her back, a canine snapping at her face. She yelled, pushing on the wood that separated them and kicking at the same time. The canine flipped and Vicky rolled away, scrambling to her feet with her branch in front of her.

Already it was coming back and she swung, cracking it atop its skull. She hesitated to call the creature a wolf. Although it was large, it was also lean and had thin fur. She continued her assault, bringing her weapon around to strike each side before ending with a thrust.

She stared as it backed away slightly, making a hacking sound as it went. Amazement filled her but only for a moment. The canine was coming back and she didn't know if she could do it again.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:15 pm

Sheena finished the wolf quickly, barely using any cards. "Tch," she scoffed, rolling brown eyes in disbelief. "That was way too easy!" she grumbled, leaving the dead carcass on the ground behind her as she continued up the path.

Gaoraccia Forest was the forest most known for monster, especially of the canine sort. That was why it was dangerous for travelers who didn't know how to fight to traverse it. Of course, that and the fact that it was all too easy to get lost in the giant forest. Sheena knew her way around it fairly well, having been through it enough times to get to Sybak or Meltokio.

The monsters weren't that challenging for her either, but there had been a couple times she'd run into something she couldn't handle. Both times she'd been lucky to have Orochi along with her. Who knows what could have happened otherwise. She sighed. "I hate travelling in the middle of the night," she complained, rubbing her arms against the chill. But she wanted to get home as fast as possible, so she was forcing herself on through the cold and darkness bitterly.

She had only taken a couple more steps and a shrill, terrified scream echoed through the forest. It was a human voice, Sheena recognized as she bolted forward to save whoever was in trouble.

Man!
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:28 pm

Hot tears were brought back as the canine latched onto her leg. Her mind blanked from the first real load of pain she received. Vicky had slipped on a protruding root, its bark smooth and worn. Now her weapon was out of her reach and the creature didn't look to be letting go any time soon.

She kicked fruitlessly with her other foot, struggling to get her bearings. Her hands grappled for anything she could use, the pain making her eyesight dim. She didn't want to die!
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:47 pm

Sheena's breath was slightly laboured as she pushed herself to go faster, inwardly praying that the injured/troubled person would scream again. She thought she was going in the right direction but she couldn't be sure. "Corrine!" she snapped, summoning her faithful companion. "Can you smell anything?"

The man-made summon appeared on Sheena's shoulder, his small nose sniffing the air delicately. "You're going the right way!" Corrine squeaked. "Not much further, but hurry! I smell blood!"

She nodded, picking her pace up even more as she begged her body for forgiveness.

"Almost there," Corrine encouraged as Sheena rounded a bend. Corrine made a noise of disgust at the wolf in front of them and leaped off of Sheena's shoulder to deal with it. Sheena hurried to the girl on the ground first, taking a protective stance in front of her. She looked hurt badly, her leg gushing blood from where the wolf had been gnawing.

"Pyre Seal!" Sheena yelled, using her most effective card to help Corrine with the wolf. "Are you all right?" she asked the barely conscious girl behind her as the wolf gave a yelp.
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:10 pm

Vicky gasped when the canine released her, her leg falling to the ground in another burst of pain. Her head fell back in relief, barely registering the presence of the one who saved her. She heard a voice and it took a large amount of effort to see who it was. A dark head was all she was really able to see; it took a bit to click that her glasses were missing.

She faintly heard a yelp, though she wasn't sure. She was confused, in pain, and she wanted to go home. The voice from before took a concerned tone and she turned her head away, waving her hand as if to brush it off. She didn't recognize it and she didn't want to bother a stranger with her problems.

She groaned, turning on to her side in an effort to get up.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:15 pm

"Don't be stupid!" Sheena hissed, forcing the girl back down gently. "You're bleeding like crazy! Stay still, damn it!"

She turned back to the wolf, casting one last Life Seal on the stupid creature. It gave another cry and hurried off into the woods with a limp. Sheena sighed, shaking her head as she turned to the victim again. "Anyway, take this," Sheena instructed, passing the injured girl two Apple Gels. "I don't know First Aid, so I'm going to have to bandage you up."
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:26 pm

Vicky looked blearily at the two objects that were forced on her. They were bottles, clear and made of what she thought was crystal. There was an opaque substance inside that moved thickly when she tilted her hand.

The person - woman, she figured - was still speaking and she barely caught the end of her sentence. Vicky's brow furrowed and she tried again to sit up. Fire racing up from her leg made her stop.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:51 pm

"Jeez, are ya stupid or something?" Sheena scolded lightly as she knelt beside the girl. "You're hurt, so quit moving!" She forced the girl down again, resting her back against the tree and keeping her injured leg as straight as possible. The girl hissed in pain and Sheena grimaced.

"Drink up," Sheena ordered, gesturing to the gels still in the girl's hand. "You'll feel better, believe me." The girl didn't look like a traveler, and she was wearing the strangest clothes Sheena had ever seen. Sheena opened her satchel, pulling out the extra gauze she always shoved in for safety. "This might hurt, so bear with it," she said gently as she cleaned the wound as best she could with a piece of gauze. She need water, but didn't know where the closest stream would be. She turned to her summon and asked him to locate some for her.

Where should I take her? She couldn't bring her to Mizuho, as that was a hidden village and she knew this girl wasn't a resident of it. Sybak and Meltokio were too far. There was always Ozette...?
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:25 pm

Vicky slowly obeyed, placing one on the ground. She then struggled to twist off the lid of the other. She paused for a moment when it did loosen, checking to see if it spilled. Finding it didn't, she removed it the rest of the way. The hand with the lid dropped to her side as she brought the bottle to her lips.

She leaned her head back against the tree with a sigh as the liquid worked its way down. Her blood was no longer rushing in her ears and she was grateful she could hear the person next to her properly. Looking over, she met concerned, if slightly annoyed, brown eyes.

"Thanks," she murmured as she closed her eyes. For a moment, she remembered there was a second bottle she had to drink. However, the energy to get it was lacking.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:34 pm

Sheena sighed, taking the empty bottle back and dropping it into her bag. She waited for a few moments, staring the the girl's leg wound. It didn't look that deep, and wasn't anything too fatal. It would probably hurt to walk on it for a few days, but she'd be fine nonetheless.

Corrine reappeared from the trees, a soaking wet cloth between his teeth. Sheena took the cloth from him with a nod and used it to clean the rest of the girl's wound. Judging by the sound of her breathing, the girl had fallen unconscious. That was fine. It would make bandaging the leg that much easier.

"What are you going to do, Sheena?" Corrine asked his small voice curious.

Sheena bit the inside of her cheek thoughtfully as she finished tightening the bandages around the girl's leg. That would stop the bleeding. "I'm thinking I'll just bring her to Ozette. I can't take her to Mizuho, for obvious reasons, and Sybak would be too far. They'd have proper medical attention in Meltokio, but I'm going to have to wait until she's feeling better to take her there."

Corrine nodded in agreement while Sheena packed up. She carefully eased the girl onto her back and set off for Ozette with yet another sigh. And she'd so been looking forward to getting home. Oh well.
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:54 pm

Victoria blinked blearily at the ceiling. She didn't remember going to bed the night before. She frowned. She didn't even remember going back to the house. She sat up with a creak of the mattress, looking around the room. Nearly everything was made of wood. The floors, the walls, even the bed frame. Well, that was different.

Vicky turned, dangling her legs over the side of the bed. Memory of the 'wolf' flashed in her mind at the sight of the bandage wrapped around her left calf. She remember the whole fight in a moment, even the woman that had saved her. She cursed herself for getting lost in the forest down back of all places, though she didn't remember it being so dark.

Sighing, she rubbed her face before looking for her glasses. Not seeing them anywhere at first glance, she got up. Immediately, she sat back down with a hiss. That was going to be sore for a while.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:09 pm

"It's just for the night! Why are you charging me so much?" Sheena demanded, banging a fist on the desk angrily.

The elderly woman didn't even flinch, though she did lean back a bit from the angry woman. "Miss, do you even know what she is?"

"What are you talking about?" Sheena growled, losing what little patience she had left.

The woman glanced around warily and then tilted her head toward her to whisper, "That's a half-elf you got with ya. Of course I'm going to charge you extra."

You... you bastard! Sheena clenched her fists in fury but took out her wallet, slamming 350 gald on the table bitterly. "You people disgust me!" she snarled as she stormed out of the lobby and up the stairs. Corrine made a rude noise at the old woman meanly from Sheena's shoulder.

"Honestly, what's so bad about letting a damn injured person - half-elf or not - stay the night?!" Sheena complained in a mutter as she tried to open the door to the room they were staying in gently. It didn't matter, she noticed immediately as the girl (who was apparently a half-elf) was sitting up in bed, rubbing her face tiredly.

"Oh, you're awake," Sheena said in slight surprise. She expected her to be out for a few more hours at the least. "How are you feeling?"
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:31 pm

Vicky dropped her hands into her lap, sending a smile in the woman's direction. "I'm alright," she replied softly, squinting to try and make out the woman and the furry creature on her shoulder as more than just a blur. Black hair was falling into her face though most of it was tied up and she was wearing purple. A lot of it. Except for the splash of pink around her waist. "Um, thank you, by the way. I don't know if I told you that already."
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:35 pm

Sheena gave a lazy grin. "You might have mentioned it," she replied as she crossed the room to the girl. "So what were you thinking, anyway? Traveling a forest like that alone with nothing to defend yourself with? Didn't you know where you were?"

She checked the girl's bandaging again, making sure that the bleeding had ceased. It seemed to, but she bet it hurt like hell still. Wolf bites were killer.

She noticed the girl looked slightly confused while Sheena went and leaned against the wall.
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:39 pm

Victoria shook her head. "I was under the impression that I was in the forest behind my friend's house, though I'm not so sure anymore. There were never any wolves there," she confessed then narrowed her eyes thoughtfully with a tilt of her head. "I'm sorry, but you look and sound really familiar. Do you think you can tell me your name?"
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next