Self Insert Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symphonia

2 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Symphonia - Page 7 Empty Re: Symphonia

Post  Glyphhunter Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:08 pm

Genis was pouring sauce onto the spaghetti noodles when the two women came down the stairs. "I didn't know how much you wanted, Sierra, so I gave you a small amount," he said as he turned, placing the plate he was holding in front of Raine's chair. The rest of the food was already on the table. " There's more in the strainer in the sink," he added then went back to the counter finish.

Rain sat down in her chair, gesturing for Sierra to sit in the same one at that morning. She then picked up her fork and was about to eat when she noticed the contents of the sauce. "Genis," the light tone of her voice held a false quality to it, "there are mushrooms in my food."

"So?" the boy didn't turn, instead, he busied himself with cleaning up the stove and counter space.

"You know I don't like mushrooms," she stated.

Vicky caught the bottle between her hands then looked at it for a moment before downing it. "Thank you," she said then got up and limped to the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. She spotted the towel Sheena mentioned then started to strip, only glancing at herself in the mirror before she moved out of the way towards he tub. She sat on the egde and slowly peeled off the bandage on her leg, trying not to pull on the scabs that had formed and wrinkling her nose at the puss that oozed out.

Minutes later, she was clean and feeling slightly refreshed, if still tired. She'd have to ask Sheena re-apply her bandages for her since she was crap at it. She reluctantly put on her clothes again and grabbed her glasses, waiting until after she was out to put them on.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

http://glyphhunter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:36 pm

Sierra hid a smile, looking down at her plate in order to do so. She didn't like mushrooms either but there was no way she was going to voice this. Instead she picked up her fork and twirled the noodles onto it before scooping the mouthful in. Her eyes widened. It tasted great! Whatever sauce Genis used was really good, Sierra noted. It wasn't spicy or anything but still had the right amount of 'zip' to it. She knew the young half-elf was apparently good at cooking but this was ten times better than her mom's spaghetti!

She couldn't even taste the mushrooms and she tried not to notice when there was one on her fork. She wanted to tell Genis it was good but he and Raine were still talking so she had to wait while still holding back a giggle at Raine's obvious distaste of mushrooms.

Once Sheena heard the water run and knew Vicky wouldn't be needing anything for the moment's time, she headed out of the room and down the stairs to check out of the Inn. She didn't want to deal with that prejudiced old lady again and she mentally warned herself not to lose her temper.

The lady looked up in boredom as Sheena approached and her neutral expression quickly dropped to a scowl. "Oh, it's you," said the old woman.

Sheena's fists clenched and she grit out through her teeth, "We're leaving." She passed the key over the counter.

"She didn't cause no trouble did she?" the old hag muttered balefully and Sheena couldn't hold in a glare. She didn't grant her with an answer though but merely turned on her heel to head back to the room. As her stomach let out a complaint from lack of food, Sheena realized Vicky was probably hungry as well. She'd have to find something in her bag for the two of them to eat.

She opened the door and found the younger girl seated on the bed, a roll of bandages in one hand. She was clumsily attempting to wrap her injured leg but it was obviously a struggle. Sheena's lips twitched in a smile, "You're not very good at wrapping, are you?"
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:55 pm

"So, how do you like it?" Genis cut off Raine's latest scentence to ask Sierra her opinion, wanting to see how he did to someone who wasn't Lloyd.

Raine sputtered her indignation to being interrupted though allowed it with a scowl, it wouldn't do to be rude to a guest and ignore them.

Vicky looked up from her work with a scowl, "I can wrap just fine," she said, "it's just limbs with their curves and squish factor that make things look bad." She then sat back and gestured with the remaining roll in her hand, "Can you help me?"
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Sierra shifted her gaze from Raine to Genis and gave the younger boy a smile. "It's great! I don't know what kind of sauce you used but it's delicious. I love it," she wiped her face with the napkin next to her plate before picking up her fork once more.

Sheena nodded walking over and taking the bandages from her. "So I just checked out of the Inn. Did the bath help make you feel better?"
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:02 pm

Genis grinned, "Awesome! Usually, I only have Lloyd and Raine to go off of and maybe Colette when she's not busy. It's hard to tell sometimes with Lloyd and Colette eats Dirk's potluck surprise with ease." He forked another lump of spaghetti into his mouth when he finished talking.

Raine gained a thoughtful look, tapping her finger on the table. "Maybe I should try that," she suggested and Genis choked, "it's only tossing random things in, right?"

"No!" came Genis' vehement response and Raine gained a bewildered expression.

"What, that's not what you do?" she asked and Genis glared at her.

"Knowing your cookin habits, I'm not letting make a potluck surprise," he said and Raine sat higher in her seat.

"So, you're saying I have bad cooking," she stated, her grip on her fork tightening.

"Yes," Genis replied, "that's exactly what I'm saying."

"Yes, very much so," she sighed, "though I wish I had something clean." She leaned back to give Sheena more room to work, suppourting herself with her hands. She stared at the ceiling, following the grains in the wood.

"How long is it to Meltokio?" She asked softly, tapping her left foot against the air.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:26 pm

Sierra grinned but hid a grimace at the mention of Dirk's Potluck Surprise. There was no way, no way in hell, that she was going to try that meal if Lloyd or Dirk ever made it. She'd find some way out of it for sure. They finished dinner amiably with Genis and Raine's bickering filling any silences. Sierra inwardly marveled at Genis' bravery for standing up to his sister. She remembered from the game that Raine's temper was something to be feared.

After dinner Sierra thanked Genis for the meal and then helped Raine with the dishes. The chore was down mostly in silence but Sierra prided herself on having gotten most of the dishes put away in the rightful spots. She asked Raine if she could use the bath once the dishes were done, something Raine had thankfully allowed. Sierra could really use a bath - and a change of clothes. She'd have to go shopping for the proper clothes and shoes soon.

She sighed as she sat on the couch later that night, running her fingers through her wet hair to try and brush it out. She had to find out if Vicky was here. She had to get new clothes. She had to get money. She had to get home.

Sheena frowned thoughtfully, "Well it's about a day's walk through the forest. I figure we'll stop at Sybak and get some supplies and whatnot. Then it should about three to four days from Sybak to Meltokio." She worked as she spoke, expertly wrapping the white bandages around Vicky's sore leg. "I hope you like camping," she added with a smirk at the younger girl.
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:55 pm

Vicky grinned and met her eyes, "At home, I'm what we call Native. It means I'm descended from tribes of people that lived off the land before other countries colonized it. Camping's in my blood." Then she tilted her head and looked to the wall over Sheena's head. "Of course, then there's those of us that have forgotten all but the title," she added.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:04 am

Sheena was only slightly confused with Vicky's terms but she liked her answer nonetheless. "Natives huh... Well, then I guess you'll enjoy the trip. We'll need to camp out but hopefully we can make it out of the forest with enough daylight to set up camp. I don't like sleeping in this forest. There's too many monsters."

Corrine perked up, "Vicky can't fight, can she?" Even though he'd spoken the question to Sheena, he looked to Vicky for the answer.
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:13 am

Vicky shook her head, "I've never been formally trained and if I ever got into a scuffle, I fought by instinct. I take in some things that I've overheard and apply them but that's basically it. Not to mention that I'm out of shape," she shrugged, "give me a pole of some sort and I'll do what I can do."
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:40 am

"So you've got the basic survival instinct," Sheena commented wryly but not without a smile. "All right, finished," she added as she stood from her position on the bed. "Let me know if you need any more gels. If we want to get to Meltokio, we should head out as soon as possible. Plus, I already checked out. I can't wait to get out of this stuffy village."

Sheena's stomach interrupted her last sentence and she rubbed the back of her head sheepishly, "Oh yeah. You hungry?"

Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:09 am

"Not really," Vicky shook her head and stood, leaning on her uninjured leg.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:23 am

Sheena sifted through her bag for a moment before pulling out an orange. "You sure?" she asked, cocking an eyebrow before shrugging. She gathered her things together while Corrine perched on her shoulder. "Ready to go?"
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:31 am

She simply nodded, hooking her thumbs into her beltloops.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:36 am

Sheena led the way out of the Inn, murmuring under her breath to warn Vicky of the Innkeeper. They passed through the entrance, Sheena keeping her head held high to ignore the glares. Once outside, the chill of the morning air hit them and Sheena glanced at the other girl, noticing her thin and dirty clothes.

"We can stop at Sybak to get you something else to wear but for now you'll have to bear with it," she said casting her gaze forward and wishing she had clean clothes to lend her.
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:52 am

Vicky avoided the gaze from the innkeeper, keeping her head down as she moved through the foyer. Once outside, she shivered, silently wishing she had a sweater.

"Alright," she consented to Sheena's statement with a nod. When the next breeze blew by, she noticed a different scent on the air, separate from the pine and earth. It was strange and had a metallic quality to it. The more she concentrated on it, the more she noticed that it moved in currents.

She shook her head as she followed Sheena and decided to ignore it for the time being.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:00 pm

Sheena hid a grimace as they entered the Gaoracchia Forest. She was fully confident in her fighting abilities but battling countless monsters who thought they had a chance against her over and over again really got on her nerves. She also worried about Vicky since the girl had already run into a near fatal encounter with a wolf and she was really in no condition to fight.

As luck would have it, though, they weren't walking for very long before a group of three wolves surrounded them. "Shit," Sheena cursed pulling out her cards. "Dumb animals!"
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:05 pm

"Well fuck," Vicky cursed, stepping away from the non-wolf creatures, "you wouldn't happen to have anything I could use, would you?"
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:11 pm

Sheena sent a bemused glance at the other girl. Despite thinking it'd be better if Vicky stayed back she knew the girl would still need something to defend herself with. She gestured to the ground, "Find a stick and let me handle them. Pyre seal!"

Maybe after they dealt with these beasts they could make some sort of weapon for the half-elf girl.
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:21 pm

Vicky nodded while backing further away. She ducked behind a large tree, scanning the ground for a fallen branch. There were mostly roots and twigs, with the odd stick that would do next to nothing. She breathed a sigh of relief when she found one, stripping it of twigs that would only get in the way.

With her new makeshift weapon in hand, she returned to the path where Sheena was still fighting.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:01 pm

Sheena flipped away from a wolf that had decided to launch itself towards her and then cast another seal. It wasn't that these particular monsters were hard to deal with, merely that they were time-consuming and annoying. The wolf yelped as it was hit and Sheena whirled around to aim a spell at the wolf that had been trying to sneak towards Vicky.
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:11 pm

Vicky let out a sound of surprise and leapt to the side when the monster let out its own pained yelp. She brought her branch down onto its head and quickly move away while it was disoriented. Then she stepped wrong and her leg decided it didn't want to hold her anymore. She hissed and bounced on her good leg, using the branch for support.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Sheena cast a final seal on the second wolf and then turned at Vicky's hiss of pain. Seeing the wolf circling her she quickly chanted another spell, eyes narrowed in concentration. "Pyre Seal!" she shouted again and took advantage of the wolf's stagger to aim a kick at him.
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:53 am

Vicky let out a heavy breath of relief as the wolf fell and allowed herself to lean against a tree. "Thanks," she sighed and ran a hand through her hair.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:55 am

Sheena tucked away her cards and then sent a quick look at Vicky. "Your leg okay?"
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:01 pm

"Yeah," she nodded and stepped away from the tree, using the branch as a walking stick, "let's just get out of here as soon as possible."
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next