Self Insert Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece

2 posters

Go down

One Piece  Empty One Piece

Post  Kiana Black Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:58 pm

July 4th 2014 - Almost 4 years after entering Symphonia, Lee and Vicky are yet again thrust into another world, this time the world of One Piece.

Lee wasn't sure whether she wanted to go back or not. Yes, she had had enough of the dangers in Aselia and yes, she missed her parents (her real ones). But she was going to miss Aselia too, to miss things being real. Lloyd, Genis, Colette and everyone.

But, it's time. It's time go home.

"Oh Efreet..." Lee moaned, staring at an unfamiliar ceiling. "Where am I?" The room was bright and messy, with two beds. Ah, Ann and Tori's apartment. They shared it with another girl too but Lee didn't care at that point. "Ugh," everything came back to her and she sat up with a frown. Lloyd, Genis, Colette, Sheena, Zelos... "I'm tiiiired!" She flopped back onto the bed, having absolutely no energy to get up and figure out what to do.

Man... she felt weird, like she was in a dream or something. Everything was surreal and bright, like she had been looking through a dirty window and then the window opened. She closed her eyes, throwing her arm across them to shield the sun. "Whatever... sleep," her eyes squeezed shut and then relaxed as her body welcomed the idea of sleeping off the exhaustion.

Last edited by Kiana Black on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

One Piece  Empty Re: One Piece

Post  Glyphhunter Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:43 pm

She had the oddest sensation of falling as the group faded from sight. The sound of rushing water filled her ears before a blinding light took over her vision. Then she landed with a grunt, a stinging pain blooming in her elbows and her palms. Her entire body shook, feeling uncharacteristically weak. Her name has being repeated, sounding both close and far away. She tried to answer, blinking rapidly in her attempt to clear her vision. She needed some help.

The first name to cross her lips was Raine's before she remembered that she was no longer with the half-elf. That she was no longer with the group. She shuddered and felt her hands slip from under her. Someone grabbed her shoulders and she looked up, trying to see through the rainbow stars filling her vision. Something else seemed to be in the way, a light green tinge circling the egdes.

"Who?" she questioned the shadowy form that was slowly becoming clearer.

"Who are you?" it asked, the voice echoing. Vicky shook her head. The green colouring moved.

"Who are you?" she returned the question and the person - woman - hesitated slightly. Vicky grit her teeth and tried to pull away.

"Sorry," the woman said, "your contacts are slipping. It's a bit disturbing. And I'm Gracie, your manager."

Vicky frowned as a wave of weakness washed over her, "A lot can change in a year," she murmured, remembering the faint traces of the last dream from Tori, "or two years," she amended with a sigh, dropping her gaze to the floor. She closed her eyes as the exhaustion she had been fighting caught up with her. "I'm going to sleep, now," she warned and she heard the beginnings of a protest before she passed out.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

http://glyphhunter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:06 pm

When Lee opened her eyes, expecting to see the same white ceiling, she was shocked. There was still a white ceiling above her, but it definitely wasn't the same ceiling. She sat up slowly, her headache gone, and looked around. A plain and clean room, one bed, hardwood floor, a wardrobe, and a small window with bright sun flaring in. She squinted and pushed the thick quilt off, her legs boiling in the warm room.

What's with the old-fashioned nightgown? she asked herself dryly as she stood, relishing the cold floor on her bare feet. Where am I now? she asked as she crossed the room to the wardrobe, throwing it open curiously. Dresses... again? She shrugged and pulled one out, figuring she'd best get dressed before trying to discover where she was.

Nothing would surprise her after being in Symphonia.

Last edited by Kiana Black on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:29 pm

Vicky sat up and blinked, rubbing the crust out of her eyes. After that last episode, she expected a hospital and as far as she knew, hospitals didn't look like huts. "Where...?" She scanned the room and the various trinkets and baskets lining the walls.

"Lee?" she called to the empty air, hoping the woman would fly through the flap of a door in her customary amount of worry. Nothing came through, though, and she frowned with a huff. She stood, brushing her long hair away from her shoulders. She stepped out of the pile of blankets, picking at the hem of strange sleeping dress as she headed for the door.

Pushing it aside, she gasped and nearly let go. Clouds. Lots of clouds and a village to boot. No dirt either. She lowered the cloth and backed away, thinking of the possibilities. Exire was in the clouds but that was just chunks of earth held up by Maxwell. She stared at the door in thought. Clouds were insubstantial; only water, yet... Her gaze dropped to the floor as she wiggled her toes. The ground was amazingly soft.

Something niggled at the back of her mind as she released another huff, placing her hands on her hips. And just when she got home, too.

Last edited by Winged Mystic on Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:36 pm

After somehow figuring out the dress and getting it on, tying it up in the back as best she could (all the while cursing the material), she exited the room, to realize she was in an Inn of sorts.

She descended the plain stairs, entering a small lobby and approached the man at the desk. "Excuse me," she said quietly. "Can you tell me where I am?"

The man blinked at her and then said, "What was that?"

Lee gasped. The man was speaking Japanese! Man, where was she?! She repeated her question, this time in his language.

But the man still looked confused. "Where you are? My dear, I don't know that. Can you tell me who I am?"

"W-what?" Lee gaped. The man didn't know who he was? What was going on? With a small frown, she shook her head and spotted a woman dressed in a maid's outfit. "Excuse me, miss," she said, still speaking in Japanese. "Can you tell me where I am?"

"Who knows," the maid said dreamily. "No one here knows where we are or who we are, honey. Sorry,"

'What the hell," Lee muttered, casting a confused glance around the lobby. What's going on?

Last edited by Kiana Black on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:58 pm

"What the hell," she muttered, pushing passed the cloth and out into the... streets. She looked around, taking in the huts that looked like they belonged in a museum. There was no one and she was strangely unsettled. The huts looked lived in, that much was obvious, and she half expected a child to come running by.

However, there was no patter of feet running up behind her and she felt a twinge of disappointment as she started walking. She would find someone eventually.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:07 am

Moving on, Lee thought, as she exited the gloomy Inn to the bright outdoors. God, did I go to the past? Dirt roads, old-fashioned houses that looked more like cottages, trees with bright green leaves surrounding what looked like a village. "Oh man..." Lee groaned. "Why couldn't I just go home?"

She walked up to the closest person she could find, but she didn't expect much. "Hey, uh, excuse me... sir... where am I?"

And she received the same blank look and confusing response. "This place is weird," she muttered once the man was gone. How was she going to find out where she was when no one else seemed to know? Shit.

She decided to wander, and try to figure things out on her own. She swallowed the wave of anxiety and set out on her way.

Last edited by Kiana Black on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:22 pm

It wasn't far before she ran into someone. She saw them as they came out of a tent, a man and a girl wearing a strange assortment of fabric and grass. At least, she thought it was grass. It might've been feathers. They had wings, too. Small ones that obviously couldn't carry their weight. Nonetheless, they saw her too and proceeded to heave a great sigh of relief, smiles replacing the minute frowns they had before. She raised her brow at them as they ran up to her, calling a shortened version of her name that she usually associated with someone else.

"Tori!" the girl exclaimed, "you're finally awake! We thought there might've been something really wrong with you when you didn't get up with the rest of them. When someone tried, you didn't respond and Corin had to come and get us. We would've thought you'd died if you didn't have a pulse. They tried to wait for you but Wiper-san was getting impatient and said that if you were sick you would've been a hindrance anyway. I don't blame him, nothing we did would work and you were barely breathing. Anyway, let's get you inside so we can check you over, this will be easier if you're sitting down." Vicky had stared with wide eyes as the girl started rambling (in Japanese!) and basically man handled her at first touch, poking in places that she usually only allowed Raine into. Her pulse was taken from both her neck and her wrist, her mouth pried open for what ever reason (she tried not the breathe on the girl with her bad breath), her joints 'tested' (her arms were twisted every which way to Askaday), and fingers pressed into various points of everywhere. The man only watched with a critical eye and followed when the girl finally took her hand and started to pull her to the tent they had come from.

"Who are you!" She burst out when the girl stopped talking at last, causing her to twist back around and stare. A hand at her back made her look at the man, his face analytic as he met her gaze.

"There's no recognition in her eyes," He said after a moment as he removed his hand, "and she's clearly uncomfortable," the girl's grip tightened before her own hand was dropped.

Vicky glanced between the two, taking a step back.

"Can you tell me something?" the man asked. She nodded, "Everything you remember," he stated. She hesitated, her eyes narrowing as she felt herself tense. Statement after statement flew through her mind, each a possible answer that was dismissed as a new one came up. The situation was eerily familiar though she couldn't say she knew the person this time.

"Victoria Theriault," she started slowly as the girl frowned, "21," the frown deepened. "My closest friend is Lee-Ann and we had just managed to get home before I found myself in the clouds and her nowhere in sight. However, judging from your reaction, that's not how you see it."

"Correct," the man nodded before gesturing to the tent, "come, let's sit and I'll make tea. We might be able to clear up some of this confusion."

"Shishou," the girl muttered to the man as Vicky sighed and nodded. The man shushed the girl, waving his hand in a calming gesture as he guided them to the tent. Vicky was directed to sit on one of the various pillows on the floor as he went for the kettle on some weird rendition of a stove.

"Amnesia is the first thing that comes to mind," the man spoke as he placed a trio of cups next to him, "however, you gave yourself a last name, something that's not very common here. The age you claim to be three years younger than you should be as well and you also spoke of a girl that doesn't exist in this village." He turned and leaned against the stove. "Clearly," he continued, "you have some sort of image of yourself. One that you have full confidence in." Vicky nodded as he gazed at her, his dark eyes steady. "I'm going to ask you something similar to what I asked you before," he told her, "what is that last thing you remember?"

"Waking up in my home world, exhausted out of my mind," she said without hesitation.

"And before that?" he pushed.

"Activating the spell that would take us home."

"Is it possible to do that spell again?"

Vicky almost nodded - did actually nod - before she frowned. "No," she said, trying to feel the air around her; the ground beneath her. She slowly shook her head. "No," she repeated, "it's not." Now she knew how Tori felt. The loss of sense was deafening, blinding, numbing. Now that she knew, it was hard to focus on anything else. She couldn't 'hear' the air currents and smell the scents that drifted with them. She couldn't 'see' the particles of mana that gave life to everything. She shivered. Mana didn't exist here.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:40 pm

Lee must have circled the village at least three times by mid-morning. She didn't know exactly what time it was, only that the sun was bright and the air crisp. The village was small and she had avoided the woods. She'd run into the sea, to her surprise, which she knew as the sea because of the salty, familiar smell.

"Where am I?" she grumbled to herself as she walked up a hill in the village. Really, nothing surprised her after being thrown into the world of Sylvarant. She knew now that anything was possible. She just wanted to know where exactly she was this time, since she definitely wasn't home in Canada. But was this another, new world? Or was it just somewhere else on Earth?

Questions bounced endlessly in her mind and she was feeling increasingly lonely. Was she to be separated from Vicky, just like last time? Or was Vicky even here this time? Maybe it was just Lee now. "Ahhh," she sighed, shaking her head. No, I can't do this alone. Vicky has to be here.

A bird's cry caught her attention and she turned her gaze up to see some sort of seagull dropping a paper towards her. She blinked at the bird, startled by his hat and pouch, before bending to pick up the newspaper. She held it up and saw in bold letters -

Baroque Works falls, Marines victorious!

Baroque Works? That was familiar. Baroque Works... Baroque...That couldn't be? She didn't have time to ponder it any longer for the sound of multiple people running distracted her.

"Give me that paper!" yelled a man.

"No, it's mine! Give to me!" another man cried as he shoved the other man behind him.

Seeing what they wanted, and not wanting to be involved, Lee quickly tossed the newspaper to the crowd. They immediately began to fight over it. "It's mine! What day is it? Let me read it!"

Why... did the scene seem familiar? What's with the sense of deja-vu?
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:16 pm

She could feel herself start to shake, an echo of a memory forming in her mind. It's tendrils wrapped around her, reminding her of the awe she felt when she wasn't in pain and panicked half out of her mind. Reminded her of the forest that seemed to sing as the breeze danced through it. The flames that laughed with the light that swayed on the floor and the earth that hugged everything around it. Her joy when it rained, the soil welcoming the water with open arms as it raced with the gusts and the bolts, the shadows jumping playfully to run and hide. Her wonder once is finally snowed and everything was calm in the light of the sun; the earth murmuring sleepily as the ice covered it, tucked in by a wave of wind.

Then the tendrils shifted.

Her arrival in Tethe'alla and discovering what it meant to be a half-elf; that awareness was reversed, shattered, taken away and hidden beyond her sights as they forced Tori's delirious words of fear and panic to the front. Everything was dim and quiet and the infeasible heat surrounding her, the air in her lungs, the dirt between her fingers was wrong, foreign, and impossible! Mana was the source of life and it was gone and nothing was left, so why was she still alive? Why were the trees still standing and the wind still blowing? Why was her heart still beating and fingers still gripping? Why was the sun still shining and the water still flowing? Why wasn't everything dying? Though maybe they were because it was getting harder and harder to pull in a breath. The light from the sun was getting darker and darker just as the shadows were growing lighter and lighter. The water got slower and slower as she felt herself getting weaker and weaker. The wind stopped pushing against her, the earth became dry beneath her fingers and the heat was washed away by an extreme chill only to be replaced by nothing and she fell, and fell, and fell into a void where the possibility of an end became an unknown concept.

Vicky shuddered as the tendrils finally broke away, leaving her shaking uncontrollably. She fought against the remnants of Tori's panic, knowing that living without mana was entirely plausible. That even though everything seemed 'wrong, foreign, and impossible', it wasn't. It was only different. Everything supported everything else in a cycle instead of spirits controlling to the extreme.

And, oh, Tori... That poor girl alone and confused with no body familiar and suddenly unable to see, to hear, to feel. She could only imagine the extreme joy and relief she would feel - probably did feel - when she woke up. The appreciation she would feel to at last have that sense of completeness that was impossible on earth.

A part of her wished she could have it back. Have that ability - that freedom mana allowed, missing the music it would play for her whenever she cast. She could almost hear the melodies she would never again be able to recreate and she sobbed when a wave of horrid guilt washed over her as her mind tried to come up with a way back to Aselia. No, she'd never be able to do that to Tori again. Not after she had just given it back. And Vicky couldn't, in her right mind, force it back upon the innocent girl who had done nothing wrong to begin with. She was born like this, she could live like this. She had lived like this. For 18 years, this was all she knew. This soundless, lightless, numb world.

But this wasn't that.

The sun would never be as bright, the fire never as warming, the lightning never as charging, the earth never as solid. The dark would never be as secure, the ice never as chilling, the water never as comforting, the wind never as open. She had found something she never knew she had longed for and she desperately wished for it back. She wished to go back in time and prevent the spell from ever being completed. To destroy every little piece of evidence that the spell even existed.

She hated herself for it. Despised that feeling of regret hiding just out of reach. She wanted it gone because she knew it was right to send Tori home and wrong to want to take it back. Cruel to dangle hope - to give hope - then steal it away when they least expect it. Insane! The word echoed in her mind and she agreed. Insanity was her only excuse and it wasn't even that. An excuse would mean she wasn't at fault but feeling was still there. Lurking and twisting, pushing the longing to feel mana once again. Her emotions warred within her in a dreadfully familiar pattern as her heart raced and her tears never seemed to end.

She tried to physically remove the problem, reaching for any point of skin to drain the tainted blood from her. To remove the stain that seemed to keep coming back! But something was stopping her. Something outside and suddenly she could see, she could breathe, she could hear! Someone was shouting her name and someone else was crying. Wails and pleas to wake up, to come back. She sobbed and curled her hands into fists, knowing they were held down as were her legs and she cursed herself for letting herself fall so low again!

He was still calling her name and she release another sob as she opened her eyes, blinking through the tears at the man that was crying just as much as she was. The sight made it harder and she had to look away, finding the girl right there and looking just as pitiful. So she closed her eyes to get away, her internal mantra of 'I'm sorry's that she can't remember even starting slowly getting louder and louder until she realized she was actually speaking. The man was moving her and she went with it, letting him pull her into a hug that was so much like Regal that she sobbed harder and harder, clutching at the fabric of his shirt. The girl came up behind her, her slender arms coming around her waist and Vicky could only lean her head back onto her shoulder to let her know that she was accepted.

And she hated herself even more for being such and attention-seeking bitch that cried to get a hug.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:39 am

"Baroque Works," Lee murmured to herself, walking away from the bickering crowd. "Baroque Works... Marines... the sea... people with no memories fighting... over... a newspaper," it sounded all too familiar. A name kept bouncing around in her mind but she continued to shake her head. She didn't want to say it was impossible - it wasn't. It was just way too much of a dream come true for her to want to believe it.

One Piece. The memories arc. Baroque Works... what else could it be? And when she saw the small boy standing outside of the inn, an orange sea horse in his arms, she knew she was right. Now, she didn't know whether to scream 'yes!' or 'fuck!' due to her mixed feelings. She came to a stop in front of the boy, wondering if she should continue into the inn - pretending she had no idea who he was - or confront him.

She was a chicken. She went into the inn.
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:41 am

A choked whine escaped her followed by a litany of shuddering sobs that didn't end until she was struggling for breath. Once she regained it, another whine came out and the process repeated. The wails she wanted to let go were held back by a habit that was established years ago from being told stop crying. So her tears were hidden and they fell silently, only allowing herself to make a sound when she was alone. But she wanted to cry out so bad, to yell and scream! And she tried, she really tried to let it out but her throat closed before she could get any volume and it ended up as another whine.

Then her senses wavered again and she clutched tighter at the shirt that seemed impossibly soft under her fingertips. She used it to ground herself, forcing herself to realized that, yes, she was no longer in Aselia and, no, it wasn't the end of the world. That she didn't grow up like Tori had and there was no reason for her to panic to such a degree. She didn't need to pass out because she refused to believe it was possible.

The ceiling came back as the spots retreated to the edges of her vision and she loosened her grip on the man's shirt. Then she found herself slipping because she had relaxed everything down to her toes and the man had to lean back in order to support her. Her head came off the girl's shoulder, tilting painfully until she rolled it to rest under his chin. Tears continued to fall as her sobs started to calm. She didn't try to wipe the moisture away, having given up long ago to try and keep her face dry until she was truly done crying.

Then something came up in the corner of her eye and she jerked, trying to shrink away from the mass of white that came out of nowhere. The girl came into view behind it and she relaxed again just as the man tried to stop her. The girl started at her forehead, brushing away her bangs and tucking them behind her ear before she used the cloth to wipe away the tears. It ran over her brow and down the side of her face. Back up and over her eye where she had to close it. The movements were so slow, so careful that they made her chest tighten as another wave rushed to the surface.

Both of them were murmuring to her and as she relaxed even further into the man's hold, she realized he was moving the slightest bit back and forth. Suddenly she was hit with a desperate longing for her mother to the one holding her, rocking her, telling her it was alright. But she knew that was impossible because she was, once again, taken from her home world for an undetermined amount of time.

Lie down. She wanted to lie down.

"Can-," she choked and swallowed, mucus having filled her throat. "Lie down," she whispered instead and the girl nodded, her red-rimmed brown eyes shinning as she smiled.

"Yeah," she said, backing up slightly, "you can lie down."

The man moved, allowing her legs to curl and stretch before he picked her up and and placed her on what had to be the softest bed in existence. She was asleep before she knew it.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:05 pm

Lee forced a smile at some of the random people wandering about the lobby before continuing up to a room. She couldn't remember which one was hers, and felt bad for staying in it without paying but there was really nothing else for it. She picked a random room, assuming that no one else would remember which room was theirs either, and plopped on the bed after checking that it was empty. She'd look for the room she was supposed to be in later.

So, One Piece, huh. Now what? Should she find a boat? But if she remembered from the episodes, Nami had had trouble finding a boat. And besides, Lee was way too chicken to sail out by herself. She wouldn't last a day. But, if she stayed here then that kid would take her memories. Actually, she corrected herself, the sea horse would take them but whatever.

There was really only one thing she could do and the thought brought a brief grin to her face. She had to wait for Luffy and the others. They would take care of the brat and then she could go sail with them. The idea was scary but thrilling.

Oh, shit, she realized a second later. By the time Luffy and them got here, she'd have no memories at all. Fuck.
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:21 pm

She woke to humming, a light tune where the key changed as much as the rhythm. Well, she wouldn't say she woke, more like she became aware. She had a faint recollection of dozing on and off as the man and the girl - the doctor and his apprentice - puttered around, ate a bit, drank tea and generally kept themselves busy.

The girl (she realized she still didn't know their names) was out of sight, fiddling with jars judging by the sounds. The man was somewhere in the village (she recalled something about a delivery). Vicky took a deep breath that turned into a yawn, stretching as much as she could without actually moving. Her fingers flexed and her toes curled as her back bent into something of a 'C' but that was just about it. She could stretch more later.

"Are you actually awake this time?" the girl asked from behind her and she gave a cross between a grunt and a groan. "Alright, then," she chirped and Vicky heard water being poured into a cup. "Some tea and cookies while we talk," she was saying as Vicky rolled onto her back, "you probably have questions."

"Just a few," she murmured with a slight hint of sarcasm. The girl smiled as she carried a tray over, kneeling next to the mattress.

"Fire away," she said with a wave of her hand after the tray was on the floor.

"Your name, please, first of all," she requested and the girl flushed.

"Right! Oh, man, sorry, it's Yaris," she held out her hand, "it's just... With everything-"

"It's fine," Vicky smiled, flipping the blanket away so she could take the hand, "Vicky."

"That's gonna take some getting used to," Yaris blurted and Vicky laughed. She pulled herself up so she was sitting, one leg bent so her foot was tucked under the opposite leg. She grabbed a cup, wrapping her fingers around the heat. Then she shook the hair away from her face.

"Another thing," she started, "how do you have wings?"

"We're born with them," Yaris picked up her own cup, "it's been this way for as long as we can remember."

"Can you use them?"

"Not really. They help when we need some lift but that's about all they do," Vicky watched and the feathers on Yaris' back moved, the wings curving slightly in demonstration. "It feels good, though, when someone gives them attention. Like a massage," she clarified when she caught the raised eyebrow. Then a wicked grin stretched across her lips and the eyebrow dropped down. "They can get really sensitive," she said lowly and Vicky knew without a doubt what she meant. She was stunned.
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:31 pm

I haven't solved anything, Lee realized. Only figured out where she was. But what was she going to do? Think about it logically, she told herself and then frowned. Nothing about the world of One Piece was logical so why should she be? Gah. She had no choice. She was just going to have to take it by day and when she lost her memories, she lost her memories. It would suck, but eventually Luffy and the others would come and save her.

But what if they don't? They will, she told herself. They have to. It's in the anime.
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:07 am

"Mar, we just started talking and this is what you come out with?" She felt laughter bubbling in her chest, "A-are you always like this or is there-"

"There's only you to blame, I'm afraid," came the man's voice and Vicky jumped, nearly spilling the tea she was holding.

"Me?" she questioned as she turned, watching the man as he came closer to the array of beds. He only nodded with a laugh.

Vicky turned back to Yaris, "How old are you again?" she asked.

"16," was the reply as she giggled, sticking a bit of her tongue out. Vicky shook her head, grinning.

"I thought you were younger," she admitted, "I truly did. Now I know my age perception hasn't changed." She took a sip of tea to try and calm herself down.

"I take it you were bad at it?" the doctor cut in, sitting on the other side of the bed.

"Horrid," Vicky corrected then waved her hand, "anyway, who are you?"

"Liam," he said and Vicky grinned again.

"Liam," she repeated, "I love it. I'm Vicky," she held out her hand, "nice to meet you."

Liam took it with a nod.

"So, where am I?" Vicky asked, sipping more of her tea.

"In our village," Yaris almost chirped. Vick rolled her eyes.

"I gathered that," she said dryly, "what do you call it?"

"Shandora," Liam supplied, "in honour of our ancestral home we are fighting to get back."

Vicky sighed. "A common story everywhere," she said, "people taking and re-taking; it never changes. Quite disappointing really." She raised the cup up, deciding to forgo the sipping and taking a large mouthful instead. "It's also something I seem to keep doing," she continued, "where I was, I had essentially stolen the body of an alternate form of myself. Same thing happened here, I assume. Your 'Tori' will be wondering, 'What the fuck happened?' as she wakes up in the hospital surrounded by concerned people and no idea how she got there."

There was a pause as Liam and Yaris looked at each other.

"An on-going issue, I presume," Liam stated.

Vicky smirked, "You have no idea."
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:31 pm

Fuck my life.

She had just realized something. The memories arc didn't happen in the manga, did it? Actually, it may happen and she sure hoped it did but as far as she knew, the memories arc was a filler arc in the anime. But what if the island and arc still existed by Luffy and co didn't actually come here?

I'm over thinking things, like usual.

She was sitting on her bed, legs curled underneath of her as she rocked back and forth a bit. What was she going to do? as much as she loved One Piece (and she did, beyond belief) she didn't want to be here by herself. Especially on an island full of people with no memories. Who was she going to rely on? Depend on? Who was going to help her through this? At least back in Symphonia, she had had Genis and Raine and her 'parents' and everyone else to fall back on, to count on. Who could help her now? Maybe the Straw Hats if they showed up.

Lee moaned, tossing her head onto her knees in a moment of depression. "Fuck my life," she cried, digging her hands into her hair and yanking until it hurt. "Fuck," she said again, feeling tears prick her eyes. She squeezed her eyes shut, knowing crying would do nothing to help her. But she couldn't help it. She was scared. She didn't want to do this alone. She had thought she was going home.

The tears came and then the sobs. Her throat was hurting. But she couldn't stop. "Fuck," she kept repeating in between broken sobs.
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:42 am

"I'm sorry! I can't take it!" Yaris suddenly burst, throwing her hands in the air as she stood. Vicky blinked and leaned back in surprise, clutching her cup close.

"Yaris," Liam admonished, reaching his hand out in a calming gesture. The girl turned away, shaking her head as she started to pace the length of the tent.

"It's just- Yesterday, she was fighting on the front lines and eating with the rest of us at the end of the day! She was playing with the children and helping with the clean up! Nothing was wrong!" She gestured uselessly, "and now she's, she's, different! Her expressions, her quirks, her posture," she made a frustrated sound, "we don't even know if she can continue to defend us!"

"Yaris!"

"What? You know you've been thinking it, too!" Liam only stared down at his student and Yaris' gaze slid over to Vicky. The woman was watching with a smile, turning the cup slowly in her hands. Yaris flushed in embarrassment as Vicky set the tea down and stood. "I'm not sorry," Yaris said lowly.

"And you shouldn't be," Vicky said, "it's good to let those thoughts out. Mar knows I've been told that enough times," she grinned, "but I want to show you something." She looked at both of them, "I can still fight. This body has different strengths, but I can get used to that."
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:22 pm

She didn't know how long she'd been crying, but pains in her stomach reminded her that she had other problems to worry about. Food. She sat up, used her palms to wipe her face and then cringed, remembering that she hated touching her eyes with her hands.

She sniffled, trying to clear her nose and then went into the small bathroom attached to the room and grabbed toilet paper. She wiped her nose first, then grabbed more to clean her face. She went to the sink, splashed water on her face to try to get herself back in gear and to get rid of the tear streaks. "Fuck this," she told her reflection. "I'm in One Piece, my all-time favourite anime. So what? I'm alone. I'm gonna do this, because how often do you get to go into your favourite animes? I'm gonna meet Luffy, damn it."

She nodded, as though to confirm what she'd just said and then deflated against the sink. "I'm crazy," she murmured, all her fight gone. She pushed away from the sink, sent her messy reflection one last look and then left the room to search for food.

She could do this.
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Glyphhunter Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:19 pm

Yaris swallowed and nodded slowly under Liam's approving look. Vicky clapped her hands together.

"Great! Now, where can I get spear?" Vicky asked. A flicker of confusion passed over Yaris' face for a split second before it faded.

"Y-Tori has one back at her tent," She said, "though I'm not sure where she keeps it in there."

When she thought about it, Vicky didn't either. There wasn't a lot of places to hide a good spear. They got to be rather bulky. "Let's go take a look, then!" She grinned, turning around to grab her tea and a couple biscuits before heading for the door. Let's see if I can remember where I came from...
Glyphhunter
Glyphhunter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiana Black Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:33 pm

When Lee reached the bottom of the stairs, the lobby was still as empty as it had been when she'd entered earlier. Everyone must still be struggling over the stupid paper. She walked around the lobby for a bit before exiting the inn and searching for something resembling a restaurant. She had no money but... she'd figure something out.

It wasn't long before she found one, three failed tries later. She sighed in relief at the smell of bacon, toast and eggs and wondered again how she was going to pay for it. She approached the long bar-style table and waited for someone to see her. A man dressed in casual clothes walked over to her.

"Do you work here?" he asked her.

"Don't you?" she fired back, knowing his answer already.

"No idea," he shrugged. "Do you want to work here?"

She shrugged too, "Can I eat for free?"

He laughed, "If you'll work for free then sure. Cause I have no money to pay you."

"Deal," Lee smiled faintly and the dark-haired man returned it before gesturing for her to come behind the counter. She did so, ignoring her grumbling stomach.

"Can you cook?" he asked over his shoulder as he led her into the back room.

Lee shrugged again, "Somewhat. I'm good at breakfast." She had learned a bit when she was in Symphonia though.

"Good enough," the man said. "I'd tell you my name, but..."

"I'll just call you Jack. I'm Lee," she said.

Jack cocked an eyebrow at her, "How do you know your name? You new?"

"Just got here this morning, but I've got no money," she replied smoothly. Lying was becoming a habit for her, jesus.

"All right, there's the team, I think anyway. For all I, and they, know, they're doctors," Jack gave a sigh, shaking his head. "Anyway, work well together. I'm going back out front,"

"New girl, don't just stand there. You can start with the dishes," an overweight, bald man snapped and Lee jumped before doing as she was told.

When do I get to eat? she moaned in her mind.
Kiana Black
Kiana Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down